daojones daojones is offline
Junior Member

Default Bottom Paint

Hello:

I've just treated the bottom of my sail boat with Interlux 2000E. (Had blister problems.) I was going to apply a Ablative bottom paint such as Sea Bowld Ablative 67 Pro. The boat is usually only launched one per year and left in the water for about 7 months at a time, with 5 months on a trailer. I have two questions.

1.) Any comments/experiences with different types or brands of bottom paint.

2.) I don't plan to launch the boat until next April, should I paint the bottom now or wait until I'm closer to launch time. Or does it matter?

Any comments are appreciated.