posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout Scout is offline

Default Total Bobsprit Humiliation!!!!

Hmm, given your track record here I'm usually inclined to agree with you.
However, you should know that the head of our Health Occ Program (for which
I am the administrator, if you can believe it!) has informed me that the K
is used to prevent any misunderstandings in an emergency room, where an ECG
sounds too much like EEG. Of course, the truth could be a little of each. I
asked the question recently when we purchased two ECG machines. I was
curious.
Scout

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
news

"Scout" wrote in message
. ..
Bob,
for a bonus point: why do they call it EKG when the initials clearly
should be ECG?
Scout

From the inventor, Einthoven who was German. Electrokardiograph.

Usually the k implies kinetic which would mean the mechanical motion of
the heart. Instead ballistocardiogram is used called a BCG.