Jack Goff Jack Goff is offline

Default Gasoline prices - another record high/ supply and demand

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:50:32 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

34% return on your money? Again, Trump would love that kind of profit!

It's not all that unusual in some businesses. But, there seems to be a magic
number, beyond which some people think it's excessive. Even the oil
industries profits would not be considered outrageous, if the absolute price
(which we pay) wasn't out of hand.

But it's not at all unreasonable. We pay about *half* of what the
European countries pay per gallon. I don't like paying it, but maybe
you'd like to explain how the US price is "out of hand", especially
compared to the rest of the world?