Ed Ed is offline

Default Y Power Adapters - make your own?

Don't do it that way....

get a new switch with SP1 (jumpers both together) SP1&SP2 (Separate
cables) and GEN.

I put one of these on mine old boat and it works awesome.... if you
NEVER need two cables, just connect them together in boat and DISCONNECT
the unused inlet (or it will be HOT... not a good situation)

Don't use the home depot versions.... no waterproof covers etc.

ACP wrote:
"Mike C" wrote in message
ups.com...

My boat that has separate 2 120V inputs (1 for A/C and 1 for everything
else). I have only 1 plug in at my dock forcing me to switch between
A/C and power.

1) Why are those Y-adapters so expensive? They are around $250 which
seems like a lot of money considering there are no electronics.

2) I have 3 extra power cables. Can I cut off the plugs and splice them
together to make a y adapter? What would you use to splice and contain
it all?

How about a weather resistant box to accommodate a weather resistant duplex
receptacle. Then a power cord with the appropriate plug wired to the duplex
receptacle.

Should be able to get all you need at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

Maybe I'm missing something. Do the shore power plugs have some special
configuration?