Larry Larry is offline

Default entry alarms ?

"MMC" wrote in news:X_Tyg.5994$Wi.3438
@tornado.tampabay.rr.com:

Ticos are second to only Nigerians as the most thieving bunch of
^&%$'s as I've ever personally seen.

Isn't that interesting. This is my friend's second house in Hermosa Jaco
and she hasn't said a word about being ripped off. When she built both
houses, she hired a Costa Rican architect, Costa Rican contractor and all
the work on both houses was done by local workers who did a beautiful job
on both. She takes this to an extreme. The teak all the beams in the
houses are made from came hand hewn from local stock. All the metal
fixtures possible, like the hanging pot holders in her kitchen, cabinet
hinges and handles, beautiful door hinges, handles, and the surrounding
fences are all made by the local blacksmith of wrought iron, each a work
of art that must have taken him hundreds of hours. The stonework inside
and out, itself, is more art than just stones. I thought someone left
some Mayan Temple stonemasons behind...(c;

I can't imagine her living down there in an atmosphere you describe. Of
course, Hermosa is very heavily populated with a generous Gringo
population the locals depend on for their living, so that may change the
conditions in this village.

Now if she could only get a HOME TELEPHONE! You have to wait for someone
to DIE before a number gets freed up for you....or whoever has floated to
the top of the list. Lots of cellphone use there....

Ah, I see she has put up new pictures of her new house on her website.
Take a look:
http://www.jacowebs.com/
Kelie used to live on a sailboat, here in Charleston....(on topic)...(c;
Now that this house is done, I wonder when she'll start building the
next, like the first time....hee hee. She's quite a girl, Kelie.....