Lloyd Sumpter

Default Jabsco Head - help!

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 03:59:01 +0000, Wayne. wrote:

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:13:49 -0700, "Lloyd Sumpter"
wrote:
Just getting my new holding tank in, and have discovered that the
reason the discharge hose was leaking at the head was that the outlet
fitting is too small. The hose fits over it easily instead of barely
squeezing on - seems like it's for maybe 1 3/8" ID hose or something (my
hose is 1 1/2" ID).

The quick and dirty solution if all else fails is to build up the
output fitting with something like duct tape untill you get a snug
fit. Be sure and use double hose clamps.

Yeah, I thought of that... but my experience is that it's never a good,
watertight fit, at least not for long.

It's frustrating that I may have to replace a perfectly good $200 head
because of a $10 fitting!

Lloyd