posted to rec.boats.electronics
GregS GregS is offline

Default Data Logger for Refrigeration

In article , (GregS) wrote:
In article , "GBM"
wrote:
I would like to do some testing on our Refrig unit.

Minimum would be to monitor icebox temperature and voltage to compressor so
that I can see on-off cycle and resulting temperature vs time for a 1-2 day
period.

If possible, I would like to add current to compressor and temperature in
area where compressor/condenser is located.

Since this is just a fact finding test, I would like to keep the cost down.

I have seen individual USB temperature and voltage loggers at Lascar
Electronics. For example:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V2BD2567D and

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P5CD2567D

Does anyone know of a Canadian or US source and especially for a unit that
might accept several inputs?

Someone suggested earlier on rec.boats.cruising that I just use a video
camera, but I need to do this over 24-48 hrs to determine why my refrig
controller at times seems to go into hibernation!

of course defrost always screws things up, especially if it is failing.
I specifically wanted to log the temperature as it defrosts in my use.
Its bad that manufactures do not offer the refridgerature owner having
the option to set the defrost, time of day, instead of the way they do it.
You do not want defrost during usage hours.

I cannot find the orginal logger I was interested in. I think it was only $40.
I thought it was from Omega. It had the advantage of specifying delay
time of sensor, and had the option of exposing the sensor for minimum delay time.

greg