Gerald Gerald is offline

Default Dual Shore Power hook up question

What is it that you disagree with? Do you know the rules???

Sail boats DO NOT have right of way over anything. Do you think a sailboat
is other than the giveway vessle when overtaking a powerboat (maybe just
ideling along)? Try actually reading the rules and you will see that there
are many other situations where sailboats must giveway to power vessels.

FWIW -- I have over 50 years of sail experience and 10 years of power
experience. I have held 100ton ofshore masters license for 10 years.

I have no need to whine, I know the rules.

"Scotty" wrote in message
Just another idiot powerboater whine.....

"Gerald" wrote in message
Many sailors think they always have "right-of-way" over

powerboats. The
rules DO discuss a few situations where sailboats are the

Stand On Vessel.
While these few cases are probably the most common

situations most people
deal with on a day-to-basis - mostly crossing --- the

situations in the
rules where a sailboat may be the Give Way vessel are more

numerous. Many
sailors seem to operate onder the "Sail over Power"

concept that does not (I
don't think ever did) exist. Sailboats are frequently

under obligation to
stay clear of motor vessels.