posted to rec.boats.electronics
James Lerch James Lerch is offline

Default Depth Finder Doesn't Work- Resolution and a New Problem

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:49:57 GMT, frank1492
wrote:
snip
With an area
perfectly cleaned with 409 (the area has a gloss), I have tried to
mount the base three times, each with many hours of cure time.
Each time when I have added the glycol, it leaks out after a few
seconds as if it were reacting with the silicone. When the base is
removed, the silicone on the flange is a sticky mess.

It takes Silicone a good 24 hours to firm up, and several days to
fully cure. Your just not wating long enough for the thick silicone
to cure..

We use Silicone to hold telescope mirrors in place, I learned the hard
way that 24hrs isn't enough time for the silicone to cure.
Take Care,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)
http://lerch.no-ip.com/ChangFa_Gen (My 11.2Kw generator project)
Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge