Larry Larry is offline

Default entry alarms ?

wrote in :

any recommendations ?

Call ADT, the alarm company. They have a cellular-based, central monitored
alarm system they can install into your boat, just like into your home,
except for the cellular connectivity.

I bet you can get fire, flooding, intrusion, etc. professionally installed
with a monthly monitoring fee.

I say ADT because I have a friend who wanted a professional alarm system
installed in an armored car he uses in the mobile check cashing business.
I contacted ADT for him and they did a beautiful cellular-based
installation, even with 200 watt alarm sirens that make even approaching
the van impossible without ear protection. If his cashier needs the cops,
she presses a panic button and ADT answers just like OnStar does in GM
cars. The GPS in it tells them where she is and they dispatch help
directly to her location. When the van is unattended, the fire and
intrusion alarm system protects the van from vandals, thieves, etc.

I offered to add to the installation with my ignition-system-based "chassis
protection system" that will put anyone on their knees when the alarm
sounds, but he declined....(c;

Call ADT in your city and talk to them about protecting the boat.....

http://www.adt.com/resi/products_ser...urity_systems/