posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bill Kearney Bill Kearney is offline

Default Depth Finder Doesn't Work- Resolution and a New Problem

"frank1492" wrote in message
Thanks to Larry and (again) to GBM. I guess I will try again
with the Silicone, one more time before calling.

I'm always puzzled by this. Is it the same thing as refusing to stop and
ask for directions when driving? I always pickup the phone and call the
VENDOR when dealing with something problematic. Now, they're not always
speedy in their replies (teleflex calls me back A MONTH after I leave a
voicemail and send e-mail) so asking online also helps.

But really, in the case of something not working as per the vendor's own
instructions I'd never bother trying it again without calling them poste
haste. Especially not when it's something as important as a depth
transducer.

-Bill