Capt. Bill Capt. Bill is offline

Default Dangerous mega yacht warning for Maine

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 06:51:16 -0400, "Sal's Dad"
wrote:

OK Capt. Bill, I'll bite.

Just how DOES the "wake rule" work? And please, if you can, provide
citations or links? Apparently I have misunderstood all these years; I
would welcome an opportunity to be educated.

Sal's Dad

At least here in Florida from what I've been told by LE you are held
to a "reasonable person" standard.

In other words if your motoring down the ICW in a non-restricted speed
zone and your wake travels lets say, a 1/2 mile out and behind you,
and tips over a kayak-er that you couldn't see or be expected to know
was there you most likely would not be held liable.