DSK DSK is offline

Default Dangerous mega yacht warning for Maine

Actually I think sailboats... especially under power... are a lot more
maneuverable. The larger rudders & keels have something to do with it,
I'm guessing!

Gary wrote:
If sailboats were more maneouverable they would get the right of way
most of the time. Under power they are not sailboats.

No, but they still have the hull & foil characteristics of
sailboats, which give them sharper... and more consistent...
turning radius.

There is no doubt that sailboats are maneuverable in terms
of their handling in confined space.

However, their relative speed and (when under sail) their
limits on their operational freedom of heading is what makes
them "considered" to be less maneuverable in the ColRegs.

I don't know where some people who own sailboats get the
idea they have the "right-of-way" even when motoring. It's
just plain stupid.

DSK