Scotty Scotty is offline

Default Dangerous mega yacht warning for Maine

"Wayne.B" further enforced
the typical powerboater mentality with this gem......

yeah, it's a real bitch to turn that steering wheel.

Your sarcasm runneth over.

You got it though, eh?

Try it sometime from the other helm and report back.

I have. Never had a real problem turning a wheel. Are you
that limp wristed?

Most large
powerboats are run by autopilot in open water, and course

corrections
are usually done in one or two degree increments,

Oh, okay, I should have written, 'yeah it's a real bitch to
push that button on the autopilot.'

. On my
boat, which is substantial

what size, in feet, is ''substantial''?

typically close to within 100 or 200 yards before I even

begin to
commit to one side or another. If the other boat makes an

unexpected
course change inside of 100 yards they can create a very

dangerous
situation. I can crash stop in about 50 yards (3 boat

lengths) but it
is very tough on the engines and transmissions.

Hoo Boy,,, thanks for reaffirming my opinion of most ( not
all ) powerboaters.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_