Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Dangerous mega yacht warning for Maine

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:42:37 -0400, DSK wrote:

If your wake causes hazard or great inconvenience, that
makes you an inconsiderate asshole.

That's a little extreme although there are plenty of sailors who would
agree with you. Tell it to the container ships blasting along at 20+
knots.

Wakes are funny things, one man's ripple is another man's tsunami.
I will reduce my wake for canoes, kayaks, small open boats, or
anything else that looks like it might be endangered. I will also
reduce it in close quarters where a wake could cause loss of control.
Other than that, wakes are just another hazard of boating to be
watched for and dealt with like any other wave. I get rolled by some
boats, and some get rolled by me. Other than a sportfish that once
trashed our television while I was waiting for a bridge to open, I've
never gotten too excited about it.