Sal's Dad Sal's Dad is offline

Default Dangerous mega yacht warning for Maine

Thanks for the heads-up, Roger - we'll keep an eye out. Makes me shudder
to think of being out in a kayak when that guy is in Maine.

It would be nice if more people considered the consequences of their wakes.
We have a handful of large vessels, such as the "Pink Lady" out of Boothbay,
that can make life pretty exciting sometimes. One neighbor had his 17'
outboard wrecked, while on the dock. Of course no one was watching it at
that moment, so there was no "proof" that the only large vessel to pass by
was at fault...

It is entirely possible that there will be children or less-experienced
adults in small boats, or along the shoreline; on a calm day some of the
wakes exceed what we see in the stormiest conditions. Vessels and
experience should be appropriate for the conditions you are likely to run
into, but this doesn't mean we must all be prepared for a 4' wake at all
times.

Sal's Dad

"boatgeek" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is this the boat?

http://www.yachtportfolio.com/yacht.cfm?yid=357

Gary wrote:
Roger Long wrote:
"Wayne.B" wrote

Roger, with all due respect, a large wake should be regarded as just
another wave in a seaworthy and decent sized boat such as yours. It
is unreasonable to expect people to slow down except in a confined
area where you could lose control.

Agreed and I am not a wake nazi. But we're talking here about the
wake within the first two or three waves as a result of a vessel
passing far closer than is prudent. No danger but it took some
finesse in those conditions to get through without getting soaked.
Actually, the wind blanketing of the close approach was more of an
issue. I can coax a boat through just about anything but I could have
been one of many people out there that could have gotten knocked down
or backed trying to get the boat moving again.