Keith Hughes Keith Hughes is offline

Default Sewing machines again?

Glenn,

Take a look at this:

http://www.reliablecorporation.com/p...ls/2000u%5F33/

We bought one of these off ebay for $400, and have had no problems with
it (had to time it when I got it, but no big deal). Will go through
half a dozen layers of Sunbrella without too much trouble. If you
compare the machine side by side with Sailrite, you'll see they're
identical, and are likely oem'd by the same manufacturer.

Keith Hughes

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
The problem is that around here the "rag trade" moved to China and took
their machines with them. The closest true industrial zigzags I have found
are in North Carolina and they are asking $800+. Also they are not very
portable. The "industrial" machines on eBay are a joke.

Talking to the few sewing machine shops around here and the alterations lady
at my dry cleaners they all say that a "commercial" machine will be my best
bet. Commercial models don't have a all the fancy stitches but they are
much more heavily built than the biggest home machine and have more powerful
motors. The CG-550 is labeled 1.8 amps and the biggest home machine in the
shop was only 1.3 amps. The sailrite is 1.5 amps.

I will keep looking but for $250 this thing looks mighty attractive.