prodigal1 prodigal1 is offline

Default AM-FM Radio

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:21:59 +0000, Gordon Wedman wrote:
With small speakers you don't
get much bass. If you really want good sound you could get a car stereo
guy to outfit the boat with separate speakers for bass, mid and treble.

so true -going the budget route as I like to do, I hauled out a 30 year
old pair of Jensen 6x9's I had sitting in the garage and installed them
into the interior bulkheads that support the quarter berth and the main
settee, down low to the floor. The storage space under the berths
provides an almost perfect sound box and the lids with the little
thumbholes under the cushions act like ports. The reproduction is
shockingly good and I'm comparing it against the 70's vintage Marantz
quad/Dynaco gear I use at home.