Larry Larry is offline

Default Dangerous mega yacht warning for Maine

Wayne.B wrote in
:

Roger, with all due respect,

Sarcasm On:

Yeah, Roger, it was all your fault for being out there in a boat that
wasn't custom built, a hundred feet long and couldn't take an 8' wake
without having to maneuver around. How dare you?!....

Sarcasm Off:

I was swamped up to the bimini on my 16' Sea Rayder jetboat while idling
along near the Battery Wall in downtown Charleston by an asshole driving
a diving boat full of teenagers, racing back to his dock. I hauled the
flooded jetboat around and took chase as the drains and bilge pump worked
on the weight problem. Asshole decides he's gonna outrun a 175hp jetboat
with his diesel diveboat....NOT. I followed him right into his slip and
got his numbers/number of passengers (18) and noted his slip. After a
heated discussion based on his ancestral lineage, he told me I shouldn't
be out on Charleston Harbor in a 16' jetboat, anyways. It was, as my
sarcasm above, all my fault.

I called CG on the way to his slip on my VHF and asked them to meet us,
but they wouldn't respond. They don't do anything if they don't
PERSONALLY witness the event, I was told. It's like if the cops wouldn't
come to your house just because you saw someone lurking about in your
back yard. I later filed a report, duly noting he had 18 passengers on
board for hire.

They got him, not on my event, but because he had a sixpack license......

Every time I see that boat or his dive shop driving by it angers me he's
just gone on as if nothing mattered. I guess it doesn't, until someone
dies.

You never have a Stinger or depth charge when you need one.....