Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Dangerous mega yacht warning for Maine

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 00:08:23 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

As for the radio, my theory is that someone oblivious enough miss
seeing a 32 foot sailboat directly ahead isn't going to be on the ball
enough that I want to waste time talking to them.

I think that's the wrong way to look at the situation. An oncoming
sailboat can be a confusing situation and it is better to state your
intentions sooner rather than later. What if the oncoming boat had
been a freighter instead of a mega yacht, how would you view the
situation in that case? Neither will turn or stop on a dime. If you
want to receive courtesy from a power boat you must be prepared to
give it also.