posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] andrew@floatingbear.ca is offline

Default Bending Resin Coated Plywood

Ron Magen wrote:
Andy,

I'm sorry if 'we' wasted your time. Especially if you already knew the
answer !!

The entire discourse could have either been avoided, or taken a different
tack, if you had mentioned this fact . . . up front.

snip

Sorry about the confusion. I had thought that my question was about
whether a coated 1/4" panel could be safely curved around the hull or
whether it would be too stiff or brittle. I didn't think that my
choice of resin was part of the question although I did mention it
because it was pertinent. I did sort of get an answer in that with the
poorer adhesive qualities and higher brittleness of polyester that
there was a risk of it cracking.

Andrew Butchart