Lars Kristensen Lars Kristensen is offline

Default Composite Propane tank anyone?

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
Saw this on the Food Network a few minutes ago and had to Google it. A 19
lb composite see-through propane tank made by Lite Cylinder. Same DOT
approvals as steel and aluminum tanks but about half the price of a Seaward
or Manchester 20# aluminum tank. Also about 2" shorter than a regular tank.
Definitely eliminate the corrosion problems.

Evidently they just came on the market because they seem to be hard to find
but some guy on eBay seems to have them:

Hi there

We have them here in Denmark and have used them for years now. As far as
i know there haven't been any accidents with them. You can buy them
where you normaly buy your gas wich normaly would be from BP. They call
them BP Gas Light. I couldn't find the tanks on their international
website so here is a link to the danish part:
http://www.bp.com/genericsection.do?...ntId=700 2194

- Lars