Glenn Ashmore Glenn Ashmore is offline

Default Composite Propane tank anyone?

The other sources I have found are asking $89 which looks like it may become
the street price.

The Litecylinder web site has a video of the fire test. Looks like the only
thing that gave out was the hose to the monitoring equipment after 13
minutes. Don't think I would trust an aluminum tank that long but I have
some time to wait and see if there is a recall. .

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Capt. Bill" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:44:39 -0400, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:

Saw this on the Food Network a few minutes ago and had to Google it. A 19
lb composite see-through propane tank made by Lite Cylinder. Same DOT
approvals as steel and aluminum tanks but about half the price of a
Seaward
or Manchester 20# aluminum tank. Also about 2" shorter than a regular
tank.
Definitely eliminate the corrosion problems.

Evidently they just came on the market because they seem to be hard to
find
but some guy on eBay seems to have them:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._BIN_Stores_IT

Sailorman in Ft. Lauderdale seems to have them in stock all the time.
They have had them for several months or more.

http://www.sailorman.com/newsailor/base/index.php