John Wentworth John Wentworth is offline

Default Hazards of Gasoline with Ethanol

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

Be afraid... be very afraid. There are a lot of major issues relating
to the use of alcohol laced fuels in the boating environment.

Just say, "No!"

Both Mr. Swartwood and Mr. Edgar have heard of a lot more ethanol-related
boat engine problems than they have seen. "I've only seen a few more engine
problems this year than in other years," said Mr. Edgar, while Mr. Swartwood
says he hasn't had any problems with ethanol."

If they aren't seeing any problems, what is their problem? Ethanol based
fuels have been widely used since the mid-80's, somehow we all muddled
through.
The fibreglass tanks in question are in 20-year old boats.

BTW: How do you "just say no" to ethanol-based fuels when that is the only
fuel available?