posted to rec.boats.paddle
Railtramp Railtramp is offline

Default Enjoying the water and having small children...

Wilko wrote:
Railtramp wrote:
One can find a used raft for a very reasonable cost. And one can always
rent one if you are planning a trip.

Blakely, good alternative, you only forgot to mention that this means
going over to the dark side! ;-)

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilkoa t)dse(d o tnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe

Wilko,

You are right. I should have mentioned how rafts have a negative
image due to their use as kayak krushers on the highly populated
rivers of the Eastern US. They have a much better image in the
Western US however where their cargo capacity can sustain a
group of people for 10 to 20 day outing. I only think of them in
this context. A river with any party in sight other than your own is
just too crowded for my tastes.

As for the dark side, I have gone even darker by adding a tripping
canoe to my fleet - my first single blade paddle! (I still think a
kayak paddle would work better but the local purists would give
me a very hard time).

Blakely
---
Blakely LaCroix #86.