posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.politics.bush,rec.boats,rec.games.bridge
Adam Beneschan Adam Beneschan is offline

Default Check these sports figures!

http://www.newnation.com/index2.html New Nation News

Click on "sports".

Arch

Geez, is there any way that this crap can be banned from the newsgroup?

No, since "the newsgroup" is not really a "thing" but is more of simply
a protocol by which computers communicate with each other. One
computer puts out a "newsgroup" post to the Internet, and other
computers run programs that look for newsgroup items and do something
with them. rec.games.bridge isn't a moderated newsgroup---some
newsgroups *do* have moderators that would eliminate spam posts such as
this one. (And, in some cases, eliminate posts by people who don't
accept the basic worldview of the moderator.)

I use Google Groups to read news. It's conceivable that Google could
be convinced that this person's posts violate its policies, and that
Google could therefore prevent them from showing up in this newsgroup
(actually, in any newsgroup). I looked at their policies, though, and
it's not clear to me what their policies are with regard to
cross-posting. I also found out that one of his previous messages on
immigration appeared to be cross-posted to only about a couple dozen
newsgroups; that seems like a lot, but it isn't given that the number
of newsgroups on Usenet seems to approach Avogadro's number, and
spammers often do seem to use programs that post their spam to every
single blasted one of them. So I didn't bother to report it.

-- Adam