posted to rec.boats.building
Jim Conlin Jim Conlin is offline

Default Bending Resin Coated Plywood

Unlike boats, when a car fails, you can usually get out and walk.

"Chalatso" wrote in message
Jim Conlin wrote:
If you're using lauan and polyester resin, you haven't been listening.
I see bowling in your future.

That's right!

You should be using aluminum and a MIG setup. What!?! You can't afford
that?!? Well, I guess you have no business building boats, then! You're
only permitted to build a boat if you have the wherewithal to use
nothing but the finest and most expensive of materials. That's why we
all drive European luxury cars and never THINK of buying a box of store
brand cereal.

LOOK. We all know that okume/epoxy (or whatever) is a better choice than
luan/poly. There's ALWAYS a better option than the way you're doing it.
It's about what you yourself are satisfied with, along with what you can
afford.

I drive a 23-year-old toyota, I buy food with the same name as the store
I buy it in, and I build small boats out of whatever's cheapest.

Also, I do not bowl. I'm too busy messing about in my (apparently)
non-waterworthy vessels. Which have yet to fall apart, leak, sink, or rot.

YMMV,

Chuck