posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.politics.bush,rec.boats,rec.games.bridge
Varis Varis is offline

Default Check these sports figures!

kirjoitti:

I was more thinking along the lines of banning spammers. Whether a
newsgroup can so ban is entirely beyond my sphere of understanding.

Banning would mean that every (most?) news servers would need to apply
the global killlist. It would hit performance and be very difficult to
administer (eg. who has the power to compile the killlist in the first
place?).

What you can do with most news readers is add spammers to your local
killfile.

Or then look for telltale signs that a thread is spam:
1. Use of exclamation mark in the topic line
2. No clear, explicit, exact topic stated in topic line
etc...

PS. Follow-ups go *only* to rec. boats.

Risto