Ruskie Ruskie is offline

Default Electric motor to power a dinghy revisited

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:36:53 -0700, Lloyd Sumpter
wrote:

Charging IS an issue: Even a fairly decent panel (60-80W) will take a day
(more or less) to charge a Group 24 battery. But why not get a decent AC
charger like a Statpower and run it off a small Honda genset? (The DC
output off those gensets is WAY too wimpy!) That way, you're not polluting
the lake, you're getting the super-quiet Electric Experience, and an hr or
so running at dinnertime would set you up for the next day.

I'd say go with a Minn Kota Max40T and a deep-cycle Group 24 battery.

Lloyd Sumpter
http://www.bcboatnet.org

Yes, small outboards spew pollution, stink, and are too damn loud.

Why can't they make an aircooled model with a real good muffler? I
hate polluting.