Gogarty Gogarty is offline

Default Waeco/Adler Barbour refrig - strange behaviour.

In article ,
says...

"Brian Whatcott" wrote

The Waeco manual says:

12v Cut-in voltage 11.7V Cut-out voltage 10.4V
24V Cut-In voltage 24.2V Cut-Out voltage 22.8V

Distance from batteries is about 10 ft. Wire size is 8ga except for
Mobitronics unit which has short leads of lighter wiring (about 1ft

in/out)

Do you think it is possible I am getting cutout due to too HIGH a

voltage?
///
GBM

It certainly looks that way to me. But I am evidently naive in this
area: why cut in at 11.7V when the voltage of a freshly charged
battery is around 12.5V ??

Brian,

These numbers puzzled me too.

I think it may mean that the controls will turn the unit off at 10.4v so as
to protect the battery and will turn back on again when voltage reaches
11.7v.

That's 11.7 volts at the controller terminals while attempting to start, not
at the battery. Given voltage drop from battery to controller and the
further momentary drop on high current draw while starting, you need a lot
more than 12 volts at the battery.