Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Waeco/Adler Barbour refrig - strange behaviour.

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 15:23:35 -0400, "GBM"
wrote:

WE have a new Waeco Coolmatic icebox conversion unit that we installed
earlier this year. ...///...
Previously, the unit would cycle on and off and maintain temperature in a
narrow band. Only change that I can see, is that the batteries were fully
charged last night and we were at a different dock (for AC)

The Waeco manual says:

12v Cut-in voltage 11.7V Cut-out voltage 10.4V
24V Cut-In voltage 24.2V Cut-Out voltage 22.8V

Distance from batteries is about 10 ft. Wire size is 8ga except for
Mobitronics unit which has short leads of lighter wiring (about 1ft in/out)

Do you think it is possible I am getting cutout due to too HIGH a voltage?

///
GBM

It certainly looks that way to me. But I am evidently naive in this
area: why cut in at 11.7V when the voltage of a freshly charged
battery is around 12.5V ??

Brian Whatcott Altus OK