Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Dual Shore Power hook up question

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote

The risk is that if he is running his A/C, refer, battery charger
and water heater at the same time the dock pedestal breaker is going
to blow.

As near as I can tell, he isn't running anything; certainly not the
engines. The boat's just been sitting there dark for weeks.

I agree though that this is the marina operator's problem and
somebody needs to stay on him until he resolves it.

Not bliddy likely in this place.

I found some open sockets on the other side of him and just moved one
of his cords to one after making sure the outlet was live (not
something you take for granted in our marina).

I want power available when I need it for tools, the occasional hot
shower, or a big dishwashing after a daysail. I don't like to leave
my boat plugged in all the time because I don't see any reason to pump
any ground leakage (probably inevitable in this place) through my
metal parts when I'm not using the power.

I guess I've got to reserve a plug in this environment. I've got a
marine to standard household adapter that I use to plug a line tester
cube into for checking outlets before I plug in. I put my name and
the boat's name on it and left it in the outlet with breaker turned
off. We'll see if that works.

--

Roger Long