Henry Blackmoore

Default How to gain the most from rec.boats

In article , (basskisser) wrote:

(Henry Blackmoore) wrote in message
link.net...
In article ,

(basskisser) wrote:

(Henry Blackmoore) wrote in message news:kldhc.2228
Ever sal****er fish?

Yes, I lived in the Tampa, FL area for 15 years or so. Love specs,
they taste good! We'd go out on the grass flats, about 6 or 7 miles
out in the gulf, or in the bays around Tarpon Springs.

How far are ya from sal****er now?

About 4 hours.

It would have been hard for me to leave Tampa after 15 years.

It was okay, I like Georgia better.

I don't want to leave the Houston area because of the fishing.
I passed up a few good job opportunities in non-coastal areas
of the country (uggh).

Nothing like fresh speckled trout omelet for breakfast! LOL.

I'd have to agree. We used to catch small salt water bass, called rock
bass, and THEY were as good as trout.

I will have to try those sometime.

Do you get blue crab there? I miss getting a mess of crabs and cooking them.

Lots of blue crabs around here. They have been smallish the last few years
though but are on the come back because of tighter shrimp trawl bycatch
regs.... They are good.

I love to eat Louisiana "mudbugs" too. Had some last week that were just
brimming with fat in their heads! Delicious!