Peter Bennett Peter Bennett is offline

Default Dual Shore Power hook up question

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 12:28:35 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

The other side of my slip was just rented and I now don't have AC
power because the powerboat next to me has two shore power cords
plugged in. I spoke to the marina weeks ago and they assured me they
would take care of it because he's only paying for one outlet. Either
they didn't or he's not listening. The boat has been dark with no
sign of activity for nearly a month now.

Before I just unplug one of his cords, which appears to be the only
path to resolution, I'd appreciate knowing how these dual systems are
usually set up. Is there a split bus so that some things on the boat
will stop working or will he just have less amperage available?
Although I'll unplug him at the boat as well, I'd like to know for
general curiosity whether there is any back feed from the unused inlet
plug.

According to the ABYC standards, there should be no electrical
connection between his two power inlets.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca