Default Dual Shore Power hook up question

You may be neigborgh for a short time or a long and bad time.

In my opinion the on us is on the marina management. They have accepted a
fee for the slip and electrical power supply. In return they have an
obligation to deliver. They have to take all necessary action to meet their
contractual obligations. Normally the club or marina makes sure that the
boat owner has pay for the electrical hook up and ensures that it will not
overload their distribution system.

Did you talk to the owner of the power boat. Even if it cost you a long
distance you should first talk to the owner.

Some people have ice making machine on board and other equipment running.
When they get back to their boat they expect to have ice for their drinks.
The power boat culture is not like the sailboat society. They can rock your
sailboat with a big wake and wave their hands at you with a smile

"Roger Long" wrote in message
The other side of my slip was just rented and I now don't have AC power
because the powerboat next to me has two shore power cords plugged in. I
spoke to the marina weeks ago and they assured me they would take care of
it because he's only paying for one outlet. Either they didn't or he's
not listening. The boat has been dark with no sign of activity for nearly
a month now.

Before I just unplug one of his cords, which appears to be the only path
to resolution, I'd appreciate knowing how these dual systems are usually
set up. Is there a split bus so that some things on the boat will stop
working or will he just have less amperage available? Although I'll unplug
him at the boat as well, I'd like to know for general curiosity whether
there is any back feed from the unused inlet plug.

Is there any possible harm (other than a testosterone fueled territory
incident) from simply coiling up one of these cords with a nice note that
there are only so many plugs?

--

Roger Long