MMC MMC is offline

Default Sanitation Hose

Potable. Thanks Peggie.
"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
. com...
MMC wrote:
Peggie,
Do you recommend white vineger for flushing fresh water systems?

I'm not sure whether you mean toilets that use fresh water, or the
potable water system...so I'll address both.

White vinegar is both an odor eliminator and a mineral dissolver...so
while it's not really needed in toilets that use fresh water, it
certainly can't hurt the hoses to flush a cupful through 'em before the
boat is to sit. Just don't leave it sitting in the bowl, and be sure to
flush it all out of the pump...'cuz while vinegar won't do anything to
soft rubber just passing through, soft rubber left to soak in vinegar
will swell and distort.

Potable water systems: After recommissioning the system each spring, a
solution of 1 quart white vinegar to 5 gal. water left in the tank for
several days--with the pump left on to also keep the solution in the
plumbing--will remove any remaining chlorine or antifreeze taste/smell
in the system. Drain through every faucet, then fill the tank 1/4-1/2
full with clean water and flush the vinegar solution out of the lines.

--
Peggie

http://shop.sailboatowners.com/books...ku=90&cat=1304