Gogarty Gogarty is offline

Default Electric Windlass: How Important?

In article ,
says...

I can sort of agree, but unless you sail a wooden boat with flaxen
sails, hemp lines, and a rock killick you really can't criticize which
conveniences somebody picks. I'm certainly old enough to remember
when lots of people claimed that real sailor would never sail a
fiberglass boat.

Hell! I am old enough to remember when sailboats of any size had
neither stanchions nor lifelines and children sailed in tippy dinks and
catboats with never a thought to PFDs. They learned to swim as well as
sail.