Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default Electric Windlass: How Important?

"Redsky" wrote:

I've had an electric windlass on my 38 footer the last five years and
it's been trouble free. Couldn't imagine cruising without one. Another
advantage is that I use it to go aloft . . . especially since my wife
no longer has the strength to winch me up. (no wisecracks!)

That is true for me too (not just now, but has been since we bought
the boat), so Bob uses ascenders (climbing gear). We use the jib
winches to which someone up who has gone overboard.