krj krj is offline

Default Sanitation Hose

Peggie Hall wrote:

krj wrote:

Potable water systems: After recommissioning the system each spring,
a solution of 1 quart white vinegar to 5 gal. water left in the tank
for several days--with the pump left on to also keep the solution in
the plumbing--will remove any remaining chlorine or antifreeze
taste/smell in the system. Drain through every faucet, then fill the
tank 1/4-1/2 full with clean water and flush the vinegar solution out
of the lines.

Wow, that means that I need to buy 38 quarts of vinegar for my 140 gal
and 50 gal that I am currently fixing. Didn't realize I would need so
much.

You didn't read what I wrote carefully enough...'cuz you don't need
anywhere near that much. You only need a couple of gallons for the 140
gal tank and 1 quart at most for the 50 gal tank.

Guess I read it wrong. I figured 1 quart white vinegar to 5 gal. water
was 140/5= 28 quarts.
krj