posted to rec.boats.building
Bob S Bob S is offline

Default Older Merc Engine needs manual

rrj wrote:
After trying to tell Mercury about their engine and not being successful I
tried to e-mail them and unless I make up some appropriate info they won't
respond.
The fact is the serial number doesn't match their criteria. stamped in the
plate is a seven digit number and its supposed to be eight. I went through a
long list of serial numbers for 150hp engines from '73-94 and they don't
even come close with anything arbitrarily added. I would like to put this
engine together and make it work. can anyone help?

I suggest you simply take the motor to your local Merc dealer. I am sure
he will be happy to identify it for you and procure the appropriate
manual. My dealer did for me with an old '67 engine.

BS