QLW

Default Beautiful day on the Bay **Texas fishing report

"Henry Blackmoore" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article , John H

wrote:

Circle hooks don't seem to snag as much on the rocks and other junk

either...

We hook a lot of 16" to 19" redfish that we have to throw back and we have
gone to circle hooks for that reason. I even hang shad and shrimp plastic
tails on them and they work great under the lights. I make no attempt to
thread the hook into the tails like you would with a straight hook because
that does make them swim weird. You would not think that plastic would
"swim" well on a circle hook but I've got a freezer full of fish that say
they do. I'll often put a tiny split lead just above the hook to get a
little more cast distance and to allow the tail to swim lower. Looks like
it's going to be a great year of fishing on Galveston Bay.