posted to rec.boats.electronics
Mike Mike is offline

Default Zinc is dissappearing FAST!

I understand how NO ground connection is better than a typical setup with an
isolator, but if the isolator is functioning, isn't the effect very close to
the same?

Let me ask it another way. If I have about 0.2 VDC across the galvanic
isolator, would I see about the same between the shore ground and
neutral/ground on the boat side of an isolation transformer?

"Larry" wrote in message
"Mike" wrote in news:b8idnTRka-tz-
:

(without disconnecting from shore power for 90 days :-) )?

Install an isolation transformer with an ISOLATED GROUND. That allows the
AC to flow across the transformer windings but not the galvanic current,
which is DC.....unless some idiot hooks you boat ground to the dock ground
rendering the isolation useless.