[email protected] rforman61@msn.com is offline

Default Speaking of high fuel prices,

JimH wrote:

Oops, you are correct that I did not post the right figure. The $16
was per trip.

Let's be real though. No boater takes the boat out and runs it for
several hours each and every day over a 6 month period.

I think we can agree that 2 x week over a 6 month period is more
reasonable.

So, $16 x 2 x 26 = $832

$832/182.5 days = $4.55/day

Many folks blow that much money at Mickey D's for lunch every day. But
if it is truly a budget buster then you need to give up the *luxury* of
owning a boat or cut down on the amount of time you run it.

That's what I think I was saying (or what I am experiencing). The
higher prices of gas have caused me not to give up boating but to cut
down on the amount of hours I run it. (And to take more and longer
beach breaks!) My gas per trip probably averages more like 40 a run
though. By the way I've also given up the luxury of going out anywhere
for lunch, brown-bagging it in order to be able to still hit the water
on the weekends.

richforman

We can
spend the entire day anchored near the beach with only a 1.5hour total
run time.

Remember also that I took the example to an extreme..........having the
price of gas double from it's present level.

Thanks for being on top of my post and catching my mistake within
minutes of posting it John. ;-)