[email protected] TopGunGrafix@gmail.com is offline

Default Electrical problem in control box

I have a 90hp Johnson that after a few weeks of sitting won't crank
over. I replaced the solenoid, battery and the key switch.......and
still nothing. Rechecked the connections on the switch....twice only
to find that I was getting a positive reading of 8 volts from the
ground wire at the switch as well as all other grounding points inside
the control box.
Is there a possibility that I bought a defective switch? The trim
works fine and the neutral switch checks out. If I run a seperate
ground to the solenoid the engine will crank.
This is driving me nuts.....................any ideas out there.

Alyn