New to Boating

Default Choose a OB for 18' jon

That's what the dealer who sold Mercury said... He suggested a 40 hp as
a minimum. He really thought I should get a console for the boat and put
on a much bigger 4 cylinder engine. That would blow my budget!
Here's the boat's specs...
MV1872 Specifications
Overall Length: 18 ft.
Beam: 95 in.
Bottom Width: 72 in.
Side Depth: 28 in.
Gauge: .125 in.
Rating: 80/130 hp
Weight Cap: 2075 lbs.
Persons Cap: 12/1650 lbs.
Approximate Weight: 750 lbs.
Transom Height: 20 in.
http://seaark.com/site/htmlos/02506....42758012687376

It was sold in a foreclosure auction with a very basic single axle
trailer (13" wheels) for $1500 2 weeks ago. It is used (2001) but in
excellent shape. No motor. New, I estimate the boat and trailer to be
about $5000, so I think I did OK so far.

Joseph Stachyra wrote:
WAY UNPOWERED buy one of those motors also get oars to assist