posted to rec.boats.electronics
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default Depth Finder Doesn't Work- New Information

Thanks. DMI says it comes out through the bottom.

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:32:21 -0700, Peter Bennett
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:33:57 GMT, frank1492
wrote:

I noticed that the site I just mentioned sells O-rings for the
Datamarine transducer. I think that is what I may have seen
protruding out around the base of the transducer housing.
Couldn't tell what it was at first, but certainly if that's what it
was, bilge water could get in. Am I on to something? And
what would cause an O-ring to pop out of place or stretch
like that?

If you undo the "wing nut" you mentioned, you should be able to pull
the transducer out of the through-hull housing (have a rag handy to
stuff in the resulting hole!)(If you do this, you will get a large
water fountain - just stuff the rag into the through-hull fitting -
the water pressure will be very low.)

The "O-rings" you mentioned will go on the transducer, to prevent
water from entering between the transducer and housing. The rubber
thing you see against the hull is just a rubber washer (or more likely
excess sealant).