JimH JimH is offline

Default Speaking of high fuel prices,

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:44:30 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

I ran Yo Ho at "trawler speed" this past weekend, about 8 mph. Fuel
flow gauge showed 1.1 to 1.4 gallons per hour. Boat handles just fine
at those low speeds, too, and tracks like an arrow. The engine is so
quiet at those low RPMs, you can barely tell it is running.
Ah! Another convert in the making.

Perhaps but I can say from a great deal of personal experience that if
you are going to run at trawler speed, it is better to have the real
thing, preferably with stabilizers. My old Bertram 33 used to roll
like Miss Piggy when it was running off plane.

Completely different hull design. Besides, I just mess around with trawler
speed. It's just too slow.

Trawler speed = Tony Bennett singing a Christmas song while laying comatose
on a couch. :-)