posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default "chartering" with guests

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Jeff" wrote in message

If you look back to my first post in the thread, you'll

see I posted
the the formal CG memo on the update rules from 1994. In

particular,
a person is a passenger for hire if they are required to

pay "but not
including a voluntary sharing of the actual expenses of

the voyage, by
monetary contribution or donation of fuel, food, beverage,

or other
supplies." In other words, if you would take them out

even if they
didn't share the fuel cost, then its not a license

requiring situation
if you do accept the offer. The previous rules were

actually so
strict that allowing a friend to "bring the beer" could be

considered
a charter.

What if I receive ''sexual favors'' for a moonlight sail?

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

You might get caught with your pants down?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com