JohnH JohnH is offline

Default Speaking of high fuel prices,

On 17 Jul 2006 14:58:58 -0700, "JimH" wrote:

wrote:
JimH wrote:
"Bryan" wrote in message
.net...

"Mr Wizzard" wrote in message
news
wrote in message
ups.com...

Mr Wizzard wrote:

Seriously, most of us are driving 4, and 6 cylinder
3, and 4L engines, and not doing it everyday, so
its _not_ really hurting us like you may think it is.

But Semi Trucks don't and they struggle to get better than 6 mpg. Not
counting all the fiberglass, plastic, and that you wouldn't imagine
being made out of petroleum.

it all leads to prices going up in every comodity.

" Huh " ?
...The guy was talking about "what to do about his boating"...

The price of gas is on my mind every time I fill my car or my boat these
days.

Not me. There is nothing you can do about it. I burn around 2.5
gallons/hour. So a couple of hours running the boat now costs me about $16.
If prices double I will be out an whole extra $16. Big deal.

I often see statements like that in these discussions about rising gas
prices. Couldn't these extra 16 buckses add up to something over the
course of a whole boating season? And doesn't the expense of driving
your car to and from work and everywhere else also eventually come into
the equation? I wish I were financially independent and money was "no
object" in my life.

richforman

Let's see. 6 months of boating x $16 = $96 worth of pure family
enjoyment. That adds up to a whopping $0.53/day.

Yep, I am financially independent and $0.53/day is no object to me.
;-)

Get real Rich. If your finances hang on $0.53/day then you cannot
afford a boat. This is a hobby, not a necessity. ;-)

I come up with something like $2880, but I could be off a hair.
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John