Tom G Tom G is offline

Default Speaking of high fuel prices,

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Tom G" wrote in message
news:gwxug.2953$rT6.1176@trnddc03...

Just bought a 3 gallon tank to replace the defective 6.5 gallon tank
for my outboard. Should save/help in two ways...I always had a 1/2 a
tank left at the end of the season with the 6.5 gal tank and if I
should run out while on the water, using the oars should help reduce
this expanding middle that advanced age has brought on. Plus I'm
finding it more and more difficult to carry 6.5 gallons of gas down the
hill to the boat dock.

Tom G.

If you row in the same fashion as competitive rowers, it'll do good
things for your back muscles, and you might be able to lift a bigger gas
tank easily. :-)

Right...I'll keep that in mind. :-)

Tom G

It's true! That type of rowing does more for back, shoulder & upper leg
muscles than it does for your arms. In competitive rowing, your upper arms
don't do much.

I believe you...I just don't see myself doing much rowing by the time I've
gotten this 64 yr old body down a 45 degree slope that consists of 45 steps,
two piers, and a long ramp to the boat. Had to add a railing to the dock
this year so I could get into the boat without losing my balance and going
over the other side. I asked my son the other day, when had I turned 90, as
that is how I feel. I remember when I was about 25, thinking that I was
never going to be like those old guys of 40 that I saw always walking, not
running like I usually did at the time. Oh well, enough of my troubles.

Tom G.